Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
Pancakes are the favorite dish of many people. They are ideal for breakfast and as a dessert, both. However, they usually contain eggs in their recipe. Today I will tell you how vegetarian people can cook no less delicious pancakes but without the eggs!
P.S .: This recipe is suitable for lacto-vegetarian people – this is the type of vegetarianism that is common in India. The present pancakes recipe is how people do traditionally cook it in Russia – pancakes not on a dry pan but fried with oil (however, now they do cook it both ways).
- Refined wheat flour – 120 g;
- Milk – 200 ml (if you don’t have milk, you can also use yogurt half mixed with water or just kefir – if it’s available in your country);
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp;
- Sugar/ Honey – 2 tbsp;
- Salt – 1/4 tsp;
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Grind the flour through a sieve;
- Mix all the dry ingredients;
- Add milk/ yougurt/ kefir of a room temperature, honey (if you add it instead of sugar) and mix the dough very well so that there would be no lumps, preferably using a mixer. The dough should not be too liquid, but not too thick;
- Leave the dough for 10 minutes;
- Heat a pan with oil, pour a small amount of dough on the pan (using a big spoon) and cook a pancake on medium heat until the dough starts being covered in small bubbles;
- Flip a pancake and cook it from the other side until it turns golden-brown;
- This way cook all the pancakes;
- Serve them with honey/ jam/ fruits/ berries.