Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
Salad with sprouted mung beans (also known in India as mung daal) is a very healthy dish. In India, sprouted mung beans are much more popular than sprouted wheat, suppose.
The first thing that needs to be done is, of course, to get the beans to give sprouts. It is quite simple thing to do:
- Wash the mung beans;
- Put it in a bowl;
- Pour water above the level of mung beans;
- Cover it with the gauze or light cloth;
In the summers (and in India for almost whole year, thanks to the hot climate) mung bean sprouts will be ready the very next day. But in the cold weather you will have to wait for 2-3 days (and if you want bigger sprouts, then for 4-5 days). Every day, the mung beans should be washed (otherwise an unpleasant smell will appear) and watered with the room temperature water. Also, do not forget to wash the beans before using them!
Well, now the recipe of our healthy salad:
- To the sprouted mung beans add finely chopped cucumbers and tomatoes;
- You can also add sliced boiled potatoes and roasted peanuts – to taste;
- Add spices: salt, black pepper. And, of course, Indians cannot do without red chili powder even in salads, but you can skip it if you do not like spicy food. Also in India people do add Indian spice chat masala to salads. It gives sourness, so you can replace it with lemon juice;
- This salad can be seasoned with lemon juice, again, or with ketchup and green chutney (Indian coriander and mint sauce) together;
- You can add chopped greenery to taste in the end and mix everything well;
- Salad is ready.
More of vegetarian and vegan recipes – Click Here
More of vegetarian recipes of snacks, salads and sauces – Click Here