Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
Potato hash browns are very famous in Russia, especially they are loved by children! But the traditional recipe usually contains eggs…However, being a vegetarian for 11 years, I have learnt a trick how to make a favorite childhood dish without the eggs!
In Russia hash-browns are usually being cooked without the additional vegetables, just the potatoes are used (see the picture below).
In India hash browns are not popular but I have seen such recipe here and it was with the other vegetables (see the cover picture). You can try cooking it both ways and decide which one you like more. You need to add the vegetables that do not require long cooking or/ and fresh greenery (for example, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, parsley – all of them supposed to be finely chopped).
- Peel and rinse the potatoes;
- For cooking vegetarian potato hash browns, there is only one simple trick: you need to grate half of your potatoes on a big grater and half of them on a small one – that’s all, your hash browns won’t break!
- Add flour to your grated potatoes (I add chickpea flour, it is healthier, but you can also add refined wheat flour);
- Add chopped vegetables and greenery – if you add them;
- Add salt and spices to taste;
- Mix everything very well;
- Heat the pan with oil;
- Put a small amount of “dough” on the pan and spread it in as thin layer as possible;
- Fry from both sides;
- Remove it on paper towel so that it would soak excess oil;
- Follow the same steps with another hash browns;
- Hash browns are ready!
Also check other vegan breakfast recipes: