Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
There are different types of chutneys (sauces) in India, but most of them are healthy sauces made from natural ingredients. The green chutney is no exception. This sauce can be an excellent substitute for mayonnaise or ketchup and will definitely be liked by people who take care of their nutrition. You can use this sauce with variety of dishes and it can be prepared in literally 5 minutes.
- A bunch of coriander. If coriander is not around or you don’t like it, you can try using parsley as well;
- A bunch of mint. The amount of mint and coriander should be similar;
- Lemon/lime juice;
- Garlic, onion, ginger – to taste;
- Spices to taste. In India people usually add salt, chili (red chili powder and 1-3 green chili pods in addition – but they all like a different amount of spiciness, plus to it people try to cook less spicy food at homes than in restaurants here. So, spiciness is not a necessary thing for this recipe – you can make it non-spicy if you want), black pepper, sugar (I don’t add sugar, because I do not consider it healthy), chat masala (you can do without this spice as well by adding more of lemon juice – this spice usually is used to add sourness);
- You can add a little bit of not roasted peanuts (it is not necessary, but I, suppose, like it more with peanuts – it gives the taste some special notes);
- A few drops of water.
Mix all the ingredients and grind them in a blender or food processor. That’s all, your chutney is ready!
*The main thing for this recipe is a powerful blender or food processor – not every of them can be able to process greenery with a few drops of water. Some of them can also have their knives a little too high for this matter – if you see it happening, you would need to add more ingredients.
Also check these recipes: