Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
A simple and quick Indian vegan breakfast recipe. In India this recipe is named Besan ka chilla.
- Gram flour – 200 g;
- 1 onion – finely chopped*;
- 1 tomato – finely chopped*;
- 1 capsicum – finely chopped*;
- Greenery to taste – finely chopped*;
- 3/4 tsp of salt;
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper;
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper (red chili powder or paprika if you don’t like spicy food) – to taste;
- Other spices to taste;
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil;
- 150-200 ml of room temperature water;
*In this recipe you can use any of mentioned above vegetables, not necessarily all at once, or you can make your pancakes without vegetables at all as well.
- Add water to gram flour and mix the dough very well. The dough should not be too thick and too thin. If it will be too thin, pancakes may not hold together very well – it’s better to add more flour in such case. If the dough happened to be too thick, then your pancakes will require longer frying and won’t be crispy – in India they are usually cooked quite thin;
- Add vegetables to dough and mix it well;
- Heat the pan with oil;
- When the oil is hot, pour a small amount of dough on the pan and quickly spread it in a thin layer using a spoon. Do it for every pancake. It’s better not to make pancakes too big – not initially, at least (you can do it after, with experience, if you wish);
- Fry pancakes until they begin to easily stick out at the edges;
- Flip pancakes over and fry from the other side;
- You can serve pancakes with your favorite sauces. In India, they are often consumed with ketchup, yogurt (unsweetened, obviously) or chutneys, such as green chutney – Indian coriander-mint sauce, for example.
Also check other vegan breakfast recipes: