Этот рецепт на русском языке можно найти Здесь
Normally traditional Indian carrot halwa is supposed to be very sweet. I will write traditional recipe first and in the end I will mention a healthy option of it as well.
Also check: Indian tea recipe
Traditional carrot halwa recipe:
- Grate 2 medium carrots;
- Melt 2 table spoons of ghee in a pan (you can replace it with butter if it’s difficult to find ghee in your country);
- Mix it and cook in low flame, constantly stirring for 3 minutes;
- Add 2 glasses of milk;
- Keep constantly stirring, cook until milk evaporates;
- Add 3-4 table spoons of sugar, honey or condensed milk – to taste;
- Add a 1 pinch of cardamom powder;
- Add chopped nuts and dry fruits;
- Cook for some more time, make sure carrots are ready.
*The main thing in this recipe is cooking in low flame and stirring constantly.
If you like healthy food like me, you can add no sugar and condensed milk, maybe a little bit of honey and less butter or ghee (but you can skip them at all if your diet is strict). Like this you will get a healthy dessert!
More of vegetarian and vegan Recipes – Click Here
More of vegetarian desserts and drinks recipes – Click Here